TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Leaking idle adjustment screw.
People Seeking Info

Subject Leaking idle adjustment screw.

Posted by Tanley on June 22, 2015 at 9:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 294 times.

Message So the idle screw is leaking around the rubber seal and from what I can tell the seal is part of the screw and cannot be replaced. I think my only option would be to soak the seal with silicone spray and use dielectric grease when reinstalling and hope it doesn't leak. I am assuming the screw or the seal cannot be bought separately.

Here is a pic of a screw from a different style IAA unit, the seal appears to be further down, away from the threads:

Here are some pics of the screw that came out of my unit, different style. You can see that the seal is up around the threads instead of lower down on the screw:

Now for the questions:

Has anyone replaced the seal on the screw with the seal higher up on the threads?

Would silicone spray and dielectric grease be my best bet for reconditioning the seal, or is that a lost cause?

There is a lip on the lower part of the screw, was there another seal there and it has disintegrated at this point?

What are the differences between the two style IAA units, are they on certain years/plenum styles or just random?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.